Monday, November 30, 2009

Signs

Walking around D.C. in past years you would see the occasional stop sign where someone had inserted a sticker with "Bush" below the STOP lettering. Sometime last year I started wondering how the political left would deface public property to get their message across after Bush had left office. Today I found my answer:


Is this unique to D.C. or are top signs defaced in a similar fashion in towns in Middle America? Do people in crimson red places like rural Virginia insert "Pelosi" or "Obama" below their signs?

2 comments:

Ben said...

Definitely not unique to DC. I have seen it in middle America from both the right and the left. In fact, for most of my childhood a stop sign near my home had a sticker that said "Eat Animals" pasted beneath it. I was always confused if it was intended to encourage eating animals (Stop, Eat Animals) or discourage eating animals (Stop Eat[ing] Animals).

Colin said...

Funny, thanks for sharing.