Also see this companion piece.
- The Heritage Foundation introduces the 2012 Index of Dependence on Government. Of course, some people think that government dependence is something to be celebrated.
- The law of unintended consequences: housing edition. No doubt the people who push for laws that empower renters think they are doing them a great favor, blithely ignorant of the actual impact.
- Chris Edwards remembers a time when Democrats were not totally insane on tax policy.
- Big Technology: Apple blows away ExxonMobil in profitability, but don't expect too many politicians to be sounding grave warnings about it.
- Oldie but goodie: 2010 New York Times article on the effect of minimum wage laws on the poor in South Africa.